MOTIVE Recap: Exotic Experience
In the words of Peter Nogalo, host of our monthly podcast, MOTIVE, powered by Holman, “Have you ever wondered what it would be like to cruise down Rodeo Drive in a Rolls-Royce or Bentley, race through Monaco in a Bugatti or Lamborghini, or live out your James Bond fantasies in a specially equipped Aston Martin?”
If your answer is yes, you’ll want to tune into this month’s episode where Peter explores the world of high-end exotic and luxury cars with the help of a few experts from our St. Louis-based luxury automotive dealership, Holman Motorcars. Here, and at our Fort Lauderdale location, we offer the best of Aston Martin, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Lotus and Rolls-Royce inventory.
The episode kicked off with a news update on some of the biggest topics affecting our industry.
From there, Peter was joined by members of the Holman Motorcars sales and management team – Kaylene Grey, Brian Tull, and David Humphries. They got right down to the details surrounding some of the most luxurious and high-performing vehicles around.
What is the Holman Motorcars experience like?
As you might expect, our retail business, and particularly the ultra-luxury side, is quite different from the fleet world. The group noted just how uncommon it is to have multiple brands under one roof. At both Holman Motorcars locations, they explained, the space is divided into manufacturer-specific showrooms. The goal is to use the defined areas to create an experience that’s authentic to the individual brand.
In reference to the changing ambiance on the sales floor, Brian explained, “Rolls-Royce is the epitome of luxury. You can then move over to the Lamborghini showroom and there all of a sudden is a little bit of this enthusiasm or energy that’s in keeping with the cars that are in there.”
Who is the typical customer?
The group explained that Holman Motorcars clientele consists of people from varying backgrounds. 80% are entrepreneurs and business professionals, while the other 20% are high-profile individuals from the sports, music, and fashion industries. No matter the customer, however, sales for these types of vehicles are always relationship-based. The exceptional and personalized service they receive is what keeps them coming back for more.
“Holman as a company has a client-first approach, and we build our business based on those relationships.” – Brian Tull, Holman Motorcars
What goes into the customization process?
One of the most appealing aspects of these exotic cars is the detailed customization that’s involved. The group described how each of these luxury brands have a specific bespoke department that handles the intricacies of customization. They shared how creativity really comes into play with choosing the color of a vehicle. Clients can request that their car match anything from a specific nail polish color, to the exact shade of their favorite kitchen appliance. They’re given the opportunity to speak directly to the factory and actively watch their car as it’s being built.
“It’s your imagination. If at all possible, the brands will build exactly what you ask for.” – David Humphries, Holman Motorcars
What role does community play in the “exotic experience”?
When purchasing an ultra-luxury car, they explained, the door opens to an entire community that extends beyond automotive. These car owners form groups where they go on trips and weekend drives together and attend exclusive events. Kaylene then recounted her own recent experience attending the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show with Holman Motorcars. The show exposed clients to everything from yacht rides, to fine dining, mansion parties and more.
As Peter described, “It’s more than a vehicle. There really is a lifestyle involved.”
Have luxury brands been affected by the microchip shortage?
In the fleet industry, many have been impacted by the microchip shortage. David shared that high-profile brands haven’t experienced the same effects, likely because of the relatively small number of cars that they produce globally. These brands are seeing a general uptick in demand and a limitation of supply, however. As a result of COVID-19-related factory shutdowns, Lamborghini lost close to 5 months of production. Bentley, Rolls-Royce, and other European brands also encountered long periods of time where production wasn’t possible and now they’re dealing with the aftermath.
Check out the full episode here to gain more insight into the lavish world of luxury cars. You can also subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast app, or click here to sign up for email notifications around MOTIVE powered by Holman or our weekly newsletter, The Morning Brake.
MOTIVE powered by Holman is available via Buzzsprout, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify as well as many other leading podcast directories. For additional information about Holman Enterprises, please visit HolmanEnterprises.com.